Cry, cry, cry, cry.
Here we are again. You'd think after doing this with two kids I'd be an old pro, but I'm not. Teaching my kids to sleep independently isn't easy. We've reached that point with Wrenn that she needs to learn to just roll over and go back to sleep. Dare I say she needs to learn to fall asleep on her own even? Yes she does. Time for this teacher to do some teaching.
Cry, cry, cry, cry.
Alrighty. She's not going back to sleep very quickly. Perhaps I'll give her five more minutes. Yes, five more minutes won't be torture. Remember she's not in pain.
Cry, cry.......... cry.
Oh, ho ho! Perhaps the little doll is falling asleep. This wasn't so bad. I can handle this.
Cry, cry, cry, CRY, CRY, CRY!!!!
Holy moly. What is going on in there now? Should I get up and check on her? A good mother would check on her. I'll just tip toe to the door to see if I sense anything.
Cry, cry, cry, cry.
Hmmm. Well at least it isn't as bad as it was before. Maybe I'll just give her five more minutes. I'll put the timer on my phone. I'll even stand here in the hallway and send her good vibes.
Cry................cry.......... cry.
This is good. I'll just crawl back into bed. She should be falling asleep here soon. Mama is so on top of this whole sleep-training thing.
Cry, cry, cry, CRY, CRY, CRY!!!!
Sheesh. She must be in pain. I wonder if she's starving. Do four month olds HAVE to eat at night? How many bottles did she have today? Let's see...she started with the first at 7 am and had a bottle every three hours...so that's SO MUCH MATH. It's too late for math. I better go check on her. But I will not pick her up. I'll just see if she's ok and maybe rub her back. I'm not supposed to pick her up, right? Just tip-toe towards the door...
Cry, cry, cry, cry.
Huh. An improvement in the decibel level means that she's ok, right? Maybe I shouldn't go in. We're already 20 minutes in. I can't let those 20 minutes go to waste. I'm in too deep to pick her up now. She's got to fall asleep soon. I'm exhausted, so she must be as well. OH NO. WHAT IF SHE'S TEETHING AND NEEDS ME? What do I do???
Cry................cry.......... cry.
Ok. Calm down. She's obviously ok. Do not go in there. Just stay strong. She'll fall asleep. Is there anything more important than being self-assured enough to just roll over and go back to sleep? This is perhaps the most important lesson she'll ever learn. I can do this.
Cry, cry, cry, CRY, CRY, CRY!!!!
To hell with it. Let's snuggle for the rest of the night on the chair. I'll start sleep training tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment