Have I told you about my family? Because they are simply the greatest. I'm talking about my aunts/uncles/cousins. I've always loved our get-togethers over the years, and there have been many. There are six grown children (aunts/uncles) and fourteen grandchildren (cousins). We got together for each birthday, which meant for a while it was at least once a month. Most of us still live near each other.
But I'm not a child anymore. As I get older I know we're getting closer and closer to the times we only meet once a year at family reunions. As more time goes by, I know it'll be harder and harder to get everyone together.
But it hasn't quite happened yet. Quite.
On our nation's birthday, my family once again got together to watch our hometown fireworks. It's perfect for me and my little guys. There's extra loving hands to help and proximity to a bathroom.
Perfect.
We arrived with a baby that was unhappy. Imagine shrieking torrents of tears. This child hates the carseat and car rides. Even car rides that go four minutes across town. After she calmed down, Grammy got her to chill out and take a nap.
![]() |
| First fireworks. |
Nothing but the best for our kids, especially when their parents procrastinate.
![]() |
| It's always a crap shoot whether or not she'll burn herself. |
![]() |
| Durham immediately started singing "Happy Birthday" when his turn to hold a sparkler came. It does look a little like a candle. And it is America's birthday. |
![]() |
| Ainsley thought she was hot stuff. |
![]() |
| Thank goodness for Papa or she'd have never known a sparkler before her first birthday. |
As we got closer and closer to fireworks time, my sister-in-law helped us to find some ear muffs (is that what you call them?) for Durham. His molars have been coming in for a good 2 months and have been bothering his hearing. Our recent failure at trying to watch a parade proved that we would need to find some sort of solution for the booming fireworks.
![]() |
| Turns out they worked! |
![]() |
| Even Wrenn watched without flinching. |
![]() |
| I think she talked their ears off the whole time. Bless their hearts for putting up with her. |









No comments:
Post a Comment