I found a site that contained over 10,000 baby names. Tim and I both went through and made lists of our favorites. Then we shared our lists with each other and slowly went about crossing off names on the other person's list and our own.
We eventually got down to just a few names left on each list. I had a favorite name...he had a favorite name. He was adamant that his favorite should win out. I was equally determined.
So we made a deal. If she had dark hair, we'd pick my name. If she had light hair or no hair, we'd pick his name.
The first thing the doctor said (before she's even pulled her out!) was "She's got light hair!" I looked at Tim and he smiled.
So, he won. And we have an Ainsley.
As for her middle name, Gail, this is my mother's middle name. We were already planning on using a Roberts family name for any future children (Glen for a boy, Glenn for a girl, story to follow.) This would be my chance for putting in a Brechtelsbauer family name. After thinking about grandparents, great-grandparents and ancestors, I just decided that the best thing to do would be to honor my mother. It turns out that Ainsley is her only granddaughter [at the time], so it fits that they both have the same middle name.
| Dad and his Ainsley. |
| Cheryl Gail and Ainsley Gail. |
No comments:
Post a Comment